Sunday, November 2, 2008

Shenandoah National Park

On Saturday afternoon, my parents decided that we should all take a drive to admire the beautiful fall foliage. My Dad is always boasting about the wonderful four seasons that Northern VA has and thus one of his common rebuttals for not wanting to move back to Texas.

After breakfast, Mom packed my essentials (food, diapers, and of course Cookie Monster... he's my new favorite..shh, don't tell Elmo or Big Bird) and off we went to Shenandoah National Park. The Shenandoah Mountains aren't very far from the D.C. Metro area (about an hour and a half away) so, we decided to go there. Plus, my Dad has a parks pass and wanted to make use of it since he says that he hasn't been able to use it much since March. Hmmmm..... I wonder if that's because of me, nah... it couldn't be :-). Anywho, Skyline Drive is the name of the road that runs through the part of the National Park that we drove through and it was a great time! I overheard Dad tell Mom that he'd like a vacation home their. Here's some photos of our excursion.

Love,
Emerson




"Really, the hat is too small for me now !"


Shenandoah mountains.....

"Mom, let me down.... I see a deer that I want to chase"



"Dad, it's freezing out here.... get me to the car quick!"


"Mom, Dad..... do I have a surprise waiting for you in my diaper :-)"




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emerson, what a beautiful place!! You got to see more new things and spaces in your world!! I bet it was cold way up high like that. Tell Dad and Mom that Grandpa and I want a copy of that last picture of you three. What a great one!!!! Oh, yes, Grandpa and I went and stood in a long line for about an hour to vote early on Sat. You take good care of Dad & Mom!!!

We love you bunches!!
Grandpa & Grandma

Little Ash B's said...

Emerson...please tell your parents ya'll make a beautiful family. You are getting to see some amazing things up there. NOTHING like TX, but I will not argue with your daddy. We cannot wait to meet you. We miss you mommy and daddy very much. Take care of them.