Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Open Wide

Yesterday Mommy and Daddy busted me out of school for my first dentist appointment. It was an experience like none other. Daddy has been preparing me for the past couple of weeks of what to do when I see the Dentist. I've been working really hard on opening my mouth really big and saying "ahh".

First we waited in the waiting room for the Dentist to call us back. Once Dr. Chang came and got me, we all went back into this really cool room. There were lots of shiny objects and possibly the coolest chair I've ever seen. I tried really hard to sit still, contain myself, and open my mouth for Dr. Chang like Daddy and I have practiced. Unfortunately, Dr. Chang came after me with this huge straw that made really loud noises. Daddy and Mommy assured me that it was o.k. but I know better. So what would you do? Well , I ran like the wind and thankfully dodged a bullet. Dr. Chang, Mommy and Daddy all tried to get me back in the chair but I'm no dummy. Fifteen minutes later they all finally gave up on me getting my teeth checked and clean and decided that we'd try this again in another six months (ha ha ha... we'll see about that). Here are a few snapshots of my experience:

XO,
Emerson

"What kind of room is that?"

"What is this thing.... it's so heavy I'm not sure I can lift it"
"Yea, nice try but I'm not buying it"
"That's it ... I'm out!"
"Ohhh, now this chair is nice and you say it can go up and down"
".... all this and arm rests too"
"Just a second, I need to find my spot" "You wouldn't happen to have a pillow would you?"
"Whatcha talking about Dr. Chang?" "No way Jose!"
"Yea, the light is cool and all but you're still not getting to examine my teeth"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

M
I thought with your superman shirt on you would do fine. guess not. huh. You still were the cutest on there.Kudoes to dad for being there for you. I'm sure mom appreciated it. love ya buddy. nana

Unknown said...

Is that your sister in your mommy tummy I see? Too cute mom. It's ok Emerson, your teeth will still be there in 6 months. Ashlynn can tell you all about the treasure box.

Anonymous said...

I too thought maybe the superman shirt was for some extra encoura gement! Once you decide to take the plunge and go back, pls take notes for Francesca when she goes in a couple of years. Tell your folks they take some great pics!

Anonymous said...

It's okay, my precious one! You'll do better next time! Sorry I haven't posted anything on your blog in a while. Grandpa Dave has been pretty sick but he's better now...getting stronger each day!

Love & Miss You
Grams

Unknown said...

Of all the blogs I've read about kids going to the dentist's office, this is the funniest. It's written very well! Emerson is adorable too.

Just like my son, Davis, he want's to go the dentist's office every appointment. However, when the dentist starts to check his mouth, he's like a lightning bolt in running to his Mommy for a hug. Next week, we are scheduled for dental check up and cleaning, me and my wife. Davis is going with us too, since no one could babysit him while were away. We're very lucky because our dentist in Columbia, South Carolina is one of the best dental practitioners in our place. He's the one who extracted my upper third molar and I'm so happy he was able to do it properly. He's one of the best dentists (West Columbia) area that you can trust when it comes to dental health issues.

Thanks for sharing the interesting post! I liked the photos of Emerson here!