Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Can we keep him? Please Daddy!

Yesterday after school I overheard Mommy telling Daddy that she had the neighbor friend move a turtle that was hanging out on our sidewalk. Of course Daddy was excited and wanted to know where our neighbor placed the turtle so that we could play with him. Mommy on the other hand claimed that the turtle was too huge too play with and what if it was a snapping turtle .... Mommy swears we're running a petting zoo here in Alexandria,VA (We have bunnies, deer, 5 foot black snakes, a marmot that Daddy named Larry, and now turtles all within our townhouse subdivision so you can see why she thinks this). Needless to say, Mommy exaggerated a little and you'll see why when you look at the pictures below. The turtle was really cool and I even was able to hold him while running with him in my arms. The turtle peed on me a little but that was ok. I mean isn't that what they make soap for, right?

I hope all of you get to experience all the wonderful pets that I have sometime in the near future!

Love,
Emerson
"Daddy, go tell Mommy to get him some food, I think he's hungry"

"Ohhh, his shell is so smooth"

"So, this is just like a football, right Daddy?" "I wonder how far he will go?"

"Here turtle, turtle."

"1, 2, 3.... wait, how many toes does he have?"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Emerson!

So glad to see the new posting on your blog! That turtle is really neat! We could have so much fun together playing with the turtle, feeding squirrels and birds & a lot of other cool things. Wish you lived close to us cause then you could help me feed the fish in our pond! They are getting pretty big for goldfish. The largest one is named Big Red! He's always the first to surface for food! I love the pictures of you and the video! Miss you so much and love you bunches, Grams